Mr. Price has worked on several high profile engagements including cases dealing with Intellectual Properties,Trade Secrets, Bankruptcy, Embezzlement, Fraud, Commercial Litigation, Family Law, and Criminal matters. His work requires him to identify, preserve, analyze, and document electronically stored information (ESI) for purposes of evidentiary or root cause analysis and he has testified as a forensic expert in several legal proceedings pending before the Texas courts.
Selected Engagements and Experience
§ Investigated and assisted the Federal Government in prosecuting an international Internet fraud ring. In excess of 500 victims worldwide were managed by a single investigator in one of the first e-crimes indicted by the US Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Texas.
§ Analyzed and recovered electronic communications in one of the first Internet related homicides in Texas.
§ Recovered e-mail and financial records that led to the conviction of a high profile Identity Theft ring that had been in operation for almost a decade.
§ At the request of the Texas Rangers, analyzed and recovered deleted data in the South Texas murder of a US Border Patrol Agent.
§ Investigated printed email sent to federal judge anonymously suggesting possible conspiracy and witness tampering. Investigation showed the email was fraudulent and identified the computer it was created on.
§ Involved in the execution of several search warrants issued by the court of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). The nature of these national security matters requires surreptitious entry and security countermeasures.
§ Chief law enforcement consultant on project with Sam Houston State University and the National White Collar Crime Center to develop a Live Computer System Capture and Triage Tool for law enforcement.
§ Involved in the execution of several search warrants issued by the court of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). The nature of these national security matters required surreptitious entry and security countermeasures.
§ Analyzed and recovered deleted data that led to the successful recovery of a runaway teenager.
§ Analyzed electronic evidence in Arabic, Russian, Spanish, and other foreign languages.
§ Trained law enforcement and private sector personnel on computer forensics, network security, and fraud prevention.
§ Processed electronic evidence in multi-agency investigation of serial bank robbery suspects responsible for more than half a million dollars in losses across the state of Texas.
Education, Affiliations, and Training
· Bachelors of Criminal Justice Administration and currently enrolled in Digital Forensics Masters program at the Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics at Sam Houston State University.
· National White Collar Crime Center- Data Acquisition and Recovery
· Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics - Internet & E-mail Forensics
· Guidance Software/CyberEvidence/EnCase Phase II
· ISCFE Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
· Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics - Advanced Digital Forensics
· Federal Bureau of Investigation – Information Security (INFOSEC)
· National White Collar Crime Center - Secure Techniques for Online Preview (STOP)
· Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics - Network Forensics
· Houston Police Department Video Forensic Analysis
· High Tech Crime Institute - Computer Exploitation and Investigation
· Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics - Linux for Investigators
· Member of High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
· Member of Institute of Computer Forensic Professionals (ICFP)
· Member of High Tech Crime Consortium (HTCC)
· Master Texas Peace Officers License
· Frequent lecturer for law enforcement and government audiences at Digital Forensic training at Sam Houston State University.
· Licensed Texas Private Investigator
· Digital Forensics Graduate Courses at Sam Houston State University
§ Lancelot gone missing - A case study utilizing electronic evidence to solve a homicide - ACFE Computer Fraud Casebook (2009).